wasthatnotprocedure is… impossible.
”So, you’re her, then, yeah?”
“You’re Agent Hill?”
”Yeah, I can imagine there
are quite a few pleas of
innocence in this place.”
She ran a hand through
her already tousled hair,
her eyes wild, hands
trembling, as brief waves
of memory came back
to her. Screams filled
her head, an image of
towering flames came
cascading towards her,
and at last, she was
haunted by the recollected
knowledge of what had —
or hadn’t — happened.
”They brought me here. I
mean, I assume they did.
All I remember now is…
The fire, and — and the
people. But it wasn’t me.”
“If you’re thinkin’ I killed my wife an’
those other women like they say I did,
then yer wrong. You’re all wrong. She
means the world ta me, and the aliens—”
He cuts himself off, jaw tightening. There’s
no way she’s going to believe him— no one
in here does. They all think he’s the killer
Bloody Face, and that he killed his Alma.
He didn’t— he couldn’t. He couldn’t have
killed anyone, but especially not her… This
woman kind of reminded him of her, actually.
“I don’t know about no fire, but… they
always end up bringin’ ya here. No
one wants ta be here in this place.”
“No — God, no, I didn’t mean
you. I just meant… When in a
place like this, it’s hard to
imagine anyone pleading guilty.
That’s all I meant. I’m —… I’m
sorry to hear about your wife,
Mr. Walker. But don’t you worry,
alright? I’m going to get us out of
here. I promise.”
Her voice wavered somewhat as she spoke,
the panic evident in her voice, as she paced
up and down the — doubtlessly surveyed —
room, eyes dancing over each and every
surface, scrutinising every last inch of the
place, in the hopes of finding something,
anything, that might explain her role here.
She too was confused at her attire, the
surprising lack of items that’d been removed
or confiscated from her person. Something
certainly seemed strange; although, that
being said, she was currently in a detention
centre for the criminally insane, ridiculously
close to an alleged murderer. She paused
for a moment, wondering whether, perhaps,
he was experiencing the same anxiety, being
in such close-quarters to a supposed arsonist.
A shiver ran up her spine, and she closed her
eyes, for a prolonged second, in order to calm
herself. Upon reopening them, she realised such
attempts had been futile; it would be impossible
to stay calm. Especially h e r e.
“Ididn’t do anything wrong — that’s
the only thing you need to know. I
was helping people, I was saving
them. I’m a doctor,” she explained,
a slight fragment of doubt in her
voice, as she contemplated whether
that too was materialised. “I’m going
to get us out of here,” Martha repeated,
a new, steady note of determination in
her previously unsteady voice. “I’m
going to get us out.”
(make a different post instead of reblogging please and thank you)
tagged by: thosebigsadeyes
six similarities between mun & muse:
- we’re both fighters; we’ll fight for what we love & what we believe in, until there’s nothing left.
- we’re both more loyal, perhaps, than we should be.
- we’re both trained in some form of science (for her, medical, for me, aeronautical)
- we both make sacrifices when necessary, but still know when to do what’s best for us.
- we’re both rather intelligent.
- we both have a tendency to fall in love with people so far from our reach.
six differences between mun & muse:
- i don’t trust as easily as martha does — for her, trusting the doctor came quite quickly, especially as we see in gridlock, where, after two trips (one inadvertent) with the doctor, she already has a full trust in his ability to protect & save her.
- i don’t care for people. not in a cold, distance sense, but in the sense that i wouldn’t be able to look after someone if they were ill; my tolerance for caring is very low.
- i only have one sibling — my big sister.
- i’m quite a lot meaner than martha is — my ability to come up with quick, cruel quips is much more advanced than hers. probably because she’s a nice person.
- i’m calmer than she is, in life-or-death situations.
- i’m even more blatant than she is, when it comes to the subject of affection.
tagging: kurt—rps | legsyes | inperfecti | eleventoomany | @nonbinarytentoo
;; justonetrip ;; kurt--rps ;; ofwaitingandfairytales
“Quick fire! Best place to get food.
“Best, or nearest? Either
way, it’s Corrigan’s —
just ‘round the corner,
and their chips are…
;; [ tHE RIGHT THING GDI ]